Tell us about your research project through photos! SFN+ is now hosting a photo competition and encourages project PIs and team members to submit photos taken during or related to their research projects. Through photos, project teams can visualize the methods, approach, and impacts of their research projects and let a wider audience learn about their projects through the power of images.
Submit your photos by 31 May 2023 for a chance to win up to £500 worth of vouchers.
To enter the competition, please send us the following information along with your photos to email@example.com:
- Name(s) of the project PI and/ or project team members,
- title of the project, email address for contact, and captions and credit for each photo.
- In your email subject, please write: SFN+ photo competition – [your name]
- Up to three photos can be submitted for each research project. Each photo should be at least 1MB in size and in JPEG or PNG format.
- Please include a caption (no more than 100 words) for each photo to describe when and where it was taken, what was going on in the photo, who was/ were involved, and how it highlights the significance of your project.
- Photos must be an original submission submitted by the photographer or with the photographer’s permission. Each photo must include a credit, specifying the name of the photographer.
- The Co-Investigators of the STFC food network will serve as judges of the photo competition.
- How the photos highlight the unfolding, significance, and impacts of a research project
- How the caption complements the photo in telling the story of the research project
- Winner: £500 worth of Amazon UK voucher
- 1st runner-up: £250 worth of Amazon UK voucher
- 2nd runner-up: £125 worth of Amazon UK voucher
- 3 consolation prizes: £50 worth of Amazon UK voucher
- All winning photos will be featured on the SFN+ website and other promotional materials.
- When entering the competition, you agree to have your photos added to SFN+’s repository of photos and grant permission to the SFN+ to use your photos in its communications and promotional materials.
- Due credit will be given to the photographer when their photos are used in SFN+’s communications and promotional materials.