Arts Competition - "Imagine Food Systems 2050"
Tell us how you imagine your food-system in 2050, through artistic work! SFN+ is now hosting an arts competition that encourages young folk, including college students, to showcase their creativity and imagination regarding food cultures!
For instance, showcase through your artwork what you think about:
- how our food will be grown
- what we will be eating
- how we will shop for food
or just generally
- how you envision the world of food...........
...........In the year 2050!
You may submit work made through sketches, water paints, acrylics, crayons, as well as 3-dimensional sculptures, mixed-media artwork, interactive exhibition pieces, audio-visual production etc. Digitial creations are also very welcome. You can send us photographs / digital copies of these works via email.
We will arrange for winners to courier their original works to SFN+ directly so that they may be archived and proudly presented at our Annual Conferences.
Submit your work by 15th February 2024 for a chance to win up to £200 in cash or vouchers!
To enter the competition, please send us the following information along with your artwork to email@example.com:
- Name(s) of the artist(s),
- Title of the artwork, email address for contact, captions and credits for each artwork.
- In your email subject, please write: SFN+ Arts Competition – [your name]
Ages 18 and upwards, no upper limit!
- Up to three pieces of work can be submitted per artist/artist-group. Each piece should be at least 1MB in size and in JPEG or PNG format.
- Please include a caption (no more than 100 words) for each piece submitted, to give it a title you have chosen, to describe the concept behind the work, what is going on who was/ were involved, and how it highlights the significance of your concept.
- Artwork must be an original submission submitted by the artist or with the arist's permission. Each piece must include a credit, specifying the name of the artist(s).
- The Co-Investigators of the STFC food network will serve as judges of the art competition.
- How the artwork highlights the unfolding, significance, and multi-dimensional (eg. techological, geopolitics, local actions, consumer behaviour, changing supply chains, landscape change, climate change etc.) impacts on future food-systems.
- How the caption complements the artwork in telling the story.
- Winner: £200 worth of vouchers or cash (details to be issued soon!)
- All winning artworks will be featured on the SFN+ website, SFN+ Annual Conference(s) and other promotional materials.
- When entering the competition, you agree to have your artwork added to SFN+’s repository of artworks and grant permission to the SFN+ to use your artworks in its communications and promotional materials.
- Due credit will always be given to the artist when their work(s) are used in SFN+’s communications and promotional materials.